Sports Premium Provision at Lime Tree Primary School
What is the PE and School Sports Funding?
The Education Funding Agency is providing additional funding to each school to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated to all primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
What are the objectives of the funding?
1. To improve the quality of existing PE teaching through continuing professional learning in PE for generalists, so that all primary pupils improve their health, skills and physical literacy, and have broader exposure to a range of sports
2. To increase participation levels in competitive sport and healthy activity of pupils, and maintain these into adolescence
3. To increase the quality of initial teacher training in PE and sport, and to promote PE specialisation in primary level workforce
4. Schools understand and value the benefits of high quality PE and sport, including its use as a tool for whole school improvement.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Physical Education and School Sports at Lime Tree Primary School
At Lime Tree we want to inspire students to participate in and enjoy physical activity, as well as recognise the importance of an active and healthy lifestyle. We wish to provide this through quality teaching in lessons and competitive opportunities for children, which engage their enthusiasm and develop their passion in a range of sports and disciplines.
At Lime Tree, Physical Education is a key area of the curriculum and wider opportunities within the school. We recognise the importance of physical education in order to support children’s learning, contributing to healthy and active lifestyles, improving emotional well-being, having a positive effect on behaviour and developing key skills such as leadership, confidence, and team building skills. It is our aim to ensure the positive values of sport are intertwined with the school ethos, and help to engage with our wider community including local schools.
This vision is to be achieved through possessing the following core aims and our school values:
· Encourage enjoyment in PE through a range of physical activities
· Maximum participation in all lessons
· Pupils engage in enjoyable and challenging learning experiences
· Provide a variety of sporting opportunities outside the curriculum
· Foster and nurture each child’s talent and potential, including gifted children
· Develop awareness of physical development including fitness, skills and hygiene.
· Celebrate achievements of children who have excelled in their discipline, displayed their sporting efforts effectively or shown acts of good sportsmanship.
Funding for schools is calculated by reference to the number of primary-aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11), as recorded in the annual schools census.
For academic year 2015-16 Lime Tree Primary School received £8450
Please click here for an analysis of how this has been spent
For academic year 2016-17 the intended spend and impact for 2016/17 at Lime Tree Primary School is £8970.
Please click here for an analysis of how this has been or is being spent.